Hire WordPress Developers to Ensure High Success: 10 Essential Steps
If your website is powered by WordPress, you need to hire WordPress Developers all the time.
The need could be anything:
- Website Development
- Website Expansion
- Website Rebranding and Redesign
- Website Maintenance and Additional Security
- Website PlugIntegration
WordPress is among the most cost-effective website creation and development systems. It is used by organizations and professionals worldwide to set up and expand their businesses.
But how do you get started with WordPress website development?
If you already have a website, how do you go out outsourcing your WordPress website expansion and maintenance needs?
You might need to hire WordPress developers in your country or, like a huge number of companies, hire WordPress developer India teams. You might prefer outsourcing some of the work or the whole WordPress web development project.
Mistakes in choosing vendors or WordPress development companies can cost you a huge amount of money. The services of an inefficient team also affect how your website performs and your revenue generation potential.
If you do not like to take chances with WordPress development, here is a blog for you.
Here are 10 essential steps to follow to get a skilled, reliable, high-performing WordPress developer team.
1. Plan Your Team
Identify all the tasks that need to be done for your project: design, graphics, media, coding in PHP, database management, UI and UX, interactive elements, etc.
You can then prepare your team size estimate. Divide roles and approximate number of hours/weeks of work for different project needs. Accordingly, the hiring models can be chosen.
- Full-Stack Developers – Full-stack WordPress developers are needed to coordinate and manage front-end and backend development work. They are essential in creating a viable, complete solution.
- Backend Developers – You would need PHP programmers, as PHP is the backend scripting language for WordPress.
- Database Developers – Find out your requirement for MySQL database experts who have experience in managing WordPress website data management needs.
- UX and UI Developers – You need to hire WordPress experts in UX and UI to develop a website that provides a phenomenal user experience.
- APIs and Integrations – WordPress API developers are essential to ensure smooth management of payment gateways or creating integrations with social media and other external platforms.
- Other Programming Languages – Evaluate your overall client requirements to identify if you need to hire WordPress developers with proficiency in SASS, SQL, XML/JSON, 3rd party APIs, and Git.
Alliance International: We have a dedicated web developer recruiter team that can help you frame requirements, identify hiring models, and prepare job descriptions based on your WordPress development projects.
2. Prepare Job Descriptions
Preparing excellent job descriptions is key to attracting the right talent. To hire WordPress experts is on the to-do list of many recruiters and HR teams. They take seconds to look at a job description and accept or reject a role.
Three things to ensure great job descriptions that speed up WordPress developer candidate pool creation:
- Clarity – The key duties, skills, and experience should be in a separate section. Preferred skills and experience should be another section.
- Specific – Choose points instead of lines and paragraphs. Hardly anyone wants to screw their eyes and read for minutes.
- Advantages – Salary, work hours, flexibility benefits, perks, and non-monetary benefits should be clearly highlighted. It will serve as a magnet when attracting senior WordPress developers.
Alliance International: Our recruiters have worked on thousands of web development hiring projects. They know what kind of job descriptions give more results. You get complete help with writing job descriptions.
Interested in finding out how Alliance can support you?
- Utilize the extensive network of the finest 3.5% talent
- Achieve hiring speeds multiplied by 10 and enjoy cost benefits of up to 40%
- Achieving a remarkable 70% success rate from initial candidate interview to final selection
Let’s talk!Book Your Free Discovery Call
3. Prepare A Project Brief
When you need to hire a WordPress development team or a vendor, a project brief is the first thing the service provider will ask. It is through the project brief that you can identify vendor capacities whether you need to hire dedicated WordPress developer resources, hire temp staff, freelance developers or outsource the entire project.
- Scope and Structure – Your website structure, the design assets that need to be created, the number of pages, types of tasks across project stages, etc., define the project scope.
- Vision and User Needs – How do you want your website to look like (share examples)? Define the kind of buyer or user journey that is intended. This helps the development team in creating the right design, layout, functionalities, etc.
- Branding – Share everything about your brand – colors, logo, brand story, and personality. Share examples of how you want customers to perceive your brand. This will define the website theme, color scheme, typography, visuals, and all other elements on your WordPress website.
You should also include information about the kind of design assets you want to build, the level of customization you need on the current theme, and scalability plans for web apps.
Alliance International: Our agency has expertise in mapping talent needs based on project briefs. We help you choose the right WordPress developers who can optimize value in terms of quality, costs, productivity, reliability, or any parameters.
4. Frame Selection Criteria
WordPress websites can be complex and span 1000+ web pages or can be a simple platform for inviting subscriptions for a product or service in a specific location. The bigger and more complex the project, the more expertise your WordPress developers need.
Make a list of programming skills and knowledge per role and find out which assessments are ideal for testing the core technical skills. For example, if you are looking to hire dedicated WordPress developers with expertise in not only PHP but front-end frameworks like React or Vue, you might need to frame a mock project instead of a series of tests that can demotivate people to continue with the hiring process.
- Digital Assessments – choose the right third-party testing service.
- Interviews – choose technical interview formats that focus on real-world scenarios.
- Situational Judgment – ideal for senior developers who need to interact with clients and efficiently handle different scenarios.
Alliance International: Our agency helps clients manage all these time-consuming processes very speedily. We helped screen 40+ developers in 2-3 days.
5. Find WordPress Developer Recruitment Agency
Once you complete the four steps, it is time to select an IT staffing agency that sources WordPress and other web developer talent. Share all your requirements. Find an agency that can offer support with all kinds of talent sourcing needs.
- Freelance Talent – some tasks might need 10-50 hours of work and can be cost-effectively managed through freelancers
- Dedicated Developers – Find dedicated resources for ongoing work that needs to be scaled up and down across different project phases or for specialized work like plugin and API development, theme customization, etc.
- Project Outsourcing – When companies need to complete a project quickly at low costs, they often hire WordPress Developer India teams.
Alliance International: For our agency, it takes just some minutes to start searching for WordPress developers in India. We can source a shortlist of right-fit candidates within 24 hours. We also source WordPress developer candidates from 30 other countries.
6. Check Client References and Success Stories
When hiring WordPress developers or a WordPress development company, never forget to dig deeper into actual experience and knowledge. In the end, it is how a WordPress developer actually works, finds solutions, and manages productivity and delivery standards that count.
Here are three ways to find the truth beyond resumes, profile descriptions, and interviews.
- Case Studies – detailed case studies providing information about WordPress projects
- Recommendations – recommendations on the website, social media, or any professional network
- References – References with contact details
Alliance International: Our agency has WordPress developer talent pools in the USA, Canada, the UK, the UAE, India, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, and Australia, among 30+ countries. You get complete details about any web development company/vendor or web developers that have been verified by our recruiters.
7. Analyze Portfolio
Portfolios should never be ignored. You might be thinking that those can be fake. But that is not the case when you have an IT recruitment agency to back you.
Analyze portfolios from different angles. It will show how much the WordPress developer really knows and what it is that they have actually proved.
- Challenges – Look deeper into the WordPress developer portfolio to find how they described and solved challenges. Ask questions when you interview them.
- Strengths – Find out if they have done multiple projects of the kind you have on hand. Send them queries and check the quality of responses.
- Versatility – WordPress developers with a wide spectrum of experience will definitely be better and quick learners and more capable of taking on new and complex work.
Alliance International: Our recruiters do all the homework for you and give you clear reports on WordPress developer abilities and experience.
8. Test and Measure
Before you take the leap and frame a long-term contract with a WordPress development agency, we recommend that you get a pilot project done. Find out how fast they can actually deliver, how punctual and organized the team is, and how quickly they can grow with you.
- Sample Work – You can assign a combination of tasks that will be required in Live projects.
- Small Project – You can schedule a one-off project related to the kind of work you are looking to outsource.
- Learning Curve – You can organize a training session and assess the learning curve if that is vital for the kind of projects in the pipeline.
Alliance International: Our global team of web developer recruiters can help you manage such processes and recommend the best-fit WordPress development team within a few days.
9. Consider Flexibility, Scalability Benefits
If you are a web development company looking for WordPress development service providers, you cannot rest your decision on how one project can be done. Why go through a cumbersome process of vendor selection for every project when it is possible to find vendors who can deliver on any number of project requirements?
- Staff Augmentation – hiring additional staff as and when required and for any duration.
- Need-Based Specialized Talent Hiring – providing freelance, remote, temp, or contractual WordPress developer talent at any time for any project.
- Working Flexibility – Ability to offer support for 24/7 operations or any other project management need without any difficulty.
Alliance International: Since 2010, we have been tracking the professional journeys of web developers from different domains worldwide. We can quickly connect you with the best WordPress developers or web development companies that can offer optimum value based on any criteria you share with us.
10. Figure Out Value, Compatibility, and Costs
Finally, when you find an excellent team for WordPress development and are all set to hire WordPress developer teams, take a tiny pause to analyze these three factors.
- Costs – Compare costs with all the benefits (long-term, short-term) that you get.
- Communication – Can your chosen team be quickly contacted through emails, instant messaging systems, and virtual meetings? Does the vendor have a good communication matrix? Ascertain these matters.
- Compatibility – Your team should have a good level of compatibility with the remote team or offshore web developers hired by you.
Alliance International: We offer detailed reports based on past experiences and track records. Our IT staffing agency is among the best companies offering extensive support to companies for all their IT project needs. Our recruiters know vendors and millions of developers based on employment histories, client feedback, and how they performed in tests. You will always get the right reports and reliable resources.
Ready to Discuss Your WordPress Project? Book a Meeting Today!
Hire WordPress development professionals with 100% clarity about competence and expertise in different skills that are vital to creating amazing results and ensuring great project delivery standards. Alliance International can enable you to achieve any WordPress development goals. We also help you create sustainable long-term value partnerships that will lead to more and more project success stories.
Your Success Translates To Ours! Achieve your WordPress Development Goals! Connect With Us To Hire WordPress Developers!
Alliance International is a global manpower consultancy in India with the best IT recruiter teams. We help companies hire web developers and mobile app developers at any time in any number and from anywhere in 30 countries. The geographies we cover include the USA, Canada, the UK, the UAE, India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, the Philippines, Australia, and many Asian and European countries.
Leverage the power of our talent outreach and knowledge gained through thousands of IT staffing projects.
Alliance International empowers businesses through a wide range of IT staffing services.
- Find developers and programmers for any tech stack with the right expertise levels!
- Tap into programmer talent pools you could never have accessed before!
Let us join hands to start a series of new project success stories! Contact Alliance International For Right-Fit Developer Staffing!
Q 1. How to hire a WordPress developer?
Ans. You can hire any number of WordPress developers (senior, mid-level, junior, entry-level) as your core project team or temp staff in the most secure manner by partnering with a recruitment agency like Alliance International.
Based on your project/website development needs and the kind of staff you require (permanent, temp, contract-to-direct hire, dedicated resources, project outsourcing team), we provide you with the best-fit talent.
Q 2. How much does WordPress developer staffing cost?
Ans. The costs depend on factors such as geography, seniority, expertise and combination of skill sets, track record, and the kind of projects a developer has done. It might cost you something like $20 dollars per hour for a simple project when you hire developers from India. You might get flat rates for a project of a specified type or timeframe.
Q 3. Can you find WordPress developers in India?
Ans. Yes, we help companies hire the right WordPress developers from anywhere in India – Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Noida, Gurgaon, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, and Hyderabad, among 25+ cities.
Q 4. How much does it cost to build a custom WordPress website?
Ans. The costs depend on what all you want in the WordPress website customization plan. Customizing layouts and themes and adding the right design assets and plugins can cost between $200-$15,000, depending on how big the website project is.
The costs will be 10%-30% less if you are finding WordPress developers from strategic locations in North America or Europe. The costs can be 30%-60% less if you hire developers in India or other Asian countries.
Q 5. Can you help me hire freelance WordPress developers?
Ans. Yes, Alliance International can help you hire freelance WordPress developers through the most secure process.